Established in 1926, ClubsNSW represents more than 1200 member clubs, and makes an important contribution to state and national policy direction, including the development for industry-specific legislation relating to alcohol, gambling, taxation, and industrial relations. In addition to these services, ClubsNSW executes media and PR communications, tailored training solutions, financial services, events, and responsible gambling services.
The Association’s purpose is to lead a sustainable industry that makes a growing contribution to the NSW community, seeks to strengthen conditions for those working within the industry, and to support the local communities they serve.
- There are 1348 registered clubs in NSW
- 86% of NSW adults visited a club at least once per year (c. 4.8 million adults)
- Half the adult population in NSW are members of a Club. That’s an untapped network of over 3 million people in NSW
- 55% of NSW clubs are in regional areas
- There are 13.2M Club Memberships across Australia
- Clubs NSW contributes $3.7B per year, $1.6B of that is social contribution
- Employs over 62,000 people
- Invested over $2B into new assets in the past five years
- 2015 KPMG census data
Meet Some of our clubs
Slingshot is Australia’s leading provider of corporate innovation programs. Since 2013, Slingshot have run 21 programs with some of Australia’s leading organisations like HCF, News Corp, Qantas, Lion Clubs NSW and Caltex.
Through a repeatable and scalable engagement model, Slingshot programs combine the scale, resources and insights of Corporates, with the agility and innovation of Startups, Scaleups and intrapreneurs to drive long lasting commercial outcomes.
Slingshot is Australia’s leading corporate accelerator program, working with clients such as Qantas, Lion Group, Caltex, News Corp, HCF, SEEK, Hudson, ING Direct, Brisbane Airport Corporation, State and Federal Governments and UTS.
A Slingshot Accelerator provides both entrepreneurs and employees with the capital, mentorship, facilities and services that stimulate creativity and productivity. A Slingshot Accelerator is rigorous, rapid and can achieve dramatic commercial results.
- 19 external and internal corporate accelerators since 2013
- 150 Startups accelerated
- $575M in Startup valuations
- 84% Startup success rate
- $135M capital raised by Startups
- 33% of Startups received partnerships, trials and commercial agreements